Position: Downtown Lebanon Business Improvement District Manager (Full-Time)
With the amazing architecture, a vibrant farmers market, niche restaurants, small batch brew pubs and a national award-winning distillery, Downtown Lebanon has the making of a vibrant small city that attracts Millennial and Baby Boomers alike. With its prolific history, market rate housing, and walkability, Downtown Lebanon is becoming a destination of choice. Now all that is missing is you!
Downtown Lebanon BID is seeking an outgoing and motivated professional for our Business Improvement District/Main Street Manager. We’re looking for a savvy, passionate and creative thinker who is eager to help shape and grow the Downtown Lebanon Business Improvement District and Main Street Program.
The Business Improvement District/Main Street Manager is a full-time position with some evening and weekend work. The manager works independently with the Lebanon Foundation Board of Directors, City of Lebanon, and Downtown Lebanon’s businesses, property owners and stakeholders to cultivate a more active, vibrant and sustainable downtown. There are 5 major strategic areas: marketing and promotion, organization, asset enhancement, design, and safe, clean and green.
The Business Improvement District/Main Street Manager acts as the point person for Downtown Lebanon on a range of issues and builds relationships with property owners, new and existing business owners, elected officials, developers, professionals and downtown stakeholders. The manager must advocate for the vision of a more active, vibrant and sustainable downtown as an asset to Lebanon City. They are also responsible to sustain program funding through renewal of the Downtown BID, programmatic support from partners and through grant writing.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following skill sets and traits:
- Interacts with others effectively by utilizing excellent public and written communication skills
- Outgoing and inviting personality who is eager to bring new ideas and execute those ideas in Downtown Lebanon
- Great organizational and multi-tasking skills, sets priorities and self manages workflows to ensure efficient, timely and accurate completion of complex tasks within high pressured, fast-paced environment with significant disruptions
- Maintains cordial and effective relationships with stakeholders, businesses, property owners and downtown residents and the Mayor’s Office
- Attends a variety of meetings with community members
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office products (specifically Outlook and Excel), Mail Chimp, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and website entry
- Skill set and marketing ability to promote the Downtown Lebanon BID, businesses and vacant commercial space online and in print
- Administrative abilities to write grant applications and follow main street designation requirements
- Understands core virtues of teamwork and works well within a team environment
- Leadership ability to direct and manage main street committees
- Four-year college degree is highly desirable but will consider applicants of lessor education that possess industry experience
Downtown Lebanon’s next Business Improvement District/Main Street Manager will build upon the foundation and intergrade new roots for the revitalization of Downtown Lebanon BID.
As a response to this job posting please submit your resume, one-page cover letter to: email@example.com